Regulatory Toxicology: REACH, CLP & GHS
New chemical products are subject to rules and regulations to keep workers, consumers, and the environment safe. The Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS) is an internationally recognized system for standardizing and harmonizing the classification and labeling of chemicals. In the EU, REACH regulates the registration, evaluation, restrictions, and authorizations of chemicals. The CLP legislation is the European version of GHS and ensures that all products entering the EU market are classified, labeled, and packaged in a uniform and safe way. GHS, REACH and CLP help to protect human health and the environment, facilitate trade between countries and contribute to avoid redundant testing of substances. Here are some examples of services we offer:
- Information on product registration requirements in different European countries.
- Regulatory strategy consulting.
- EU REACH registration support.
- Portfolio review.
- Preparation of registration dossiers.
- Substance classification according to CLP/GHS legislation.
- Risk assessment of chemicals.
- Evaluation of New Approach Methodologies (NAM) and data waiving options.